Monday, September 8, 2008

Ladies -don't try this at home!

Recently, I came upon this beauty advice in the September issue of a popular women's magazine:

for super shiny hair: blend one banana, gently rub into scalp, leave in for 10 min. , rinse well

This is TOTAL BS!
I tried this out in the hope of taming my somewhat straggly hair, and guess what?
The sticky goo was worse than trying to remove chewing gum or candy floss. I kept washing and washing...in the end my hubby came to the rescue and had to scoop out the mess with a wide-toothed comb. Thankfully, he got most of the gunk out - along with great big chunks of my hair :(

Trust me, ladies, this is one piece of advice we could've all done without. Shame on you P-magazine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woah, what a coincidence! I tried that SAME EXACT remedy (also read it in a magazine, but it was a European one) and the same thing happened! Definitely horrible - at least someone has shared the experience, though!

Anyway, this is my first time visiting your blog...it's really good, you've got some great posts! I will be clicking back soon :)

E.