Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Prevention is the best medicine

For the last seven days I have been taking spoonfuls of Enterococcus faecalis bacteria. It tastes a bit like milk gone sour, but it helps to build up your immune system, especially if you're prone to upper respiratory infections.
I should have thought of taking them earlier as a preventative measure...maybe it was the cost of a bottle that put me off. It doesn't come cheap. The price of one small bottle costs 10 Euros (about 12.7 US$) and lasts approx. four days.
I guess I should be investing in my health more. Next time I'm in town I will be purchasing the pack of 3, which is marginally cheaper than buying only single bottles. I will be taking these throughout the cold months plus my usual zinc and vitamin C pills in the hope that I won't come down with anything until next Spring!

No comments: