Saturday, November 22, 2008

It's snowing

Last night we've had our first snow - and when I woke up this morning it was still snowing. Mind, up here in the north-west we only get the slushy kind of snow! The thin layer usually disappears into a wet slick by mid-afternoon.
I'm not really a fan of snow. This is partly due to the fact that the kids I tutor take this as an excuse to stay home. So in a round about way the snow has a negative effect on my bank account! Not to mention the extra work involved clearing the footpath in front of our house. We wouldn't want anyone to slip and fall and break their ankle. That could have a negative effect on our bank account too. We will have to stock up on road salt - speaking of which, this stuff is so aggressive that it worked a hole into the soles of my loafers last year. I have since bought a pair of boots with thick rubber soles, which make me look like Bob the builder from the knees down, but at least I'll be able to walk the short stretch to our car without risking wet feet!

No comments: